https://x.com/EddieHearn/status/2106034027123880431
LOL!!!
Hes badly out of his depth outside the tiny UFC bubble.
Tough , connected, Boston boxer Dana White owned by a public schoolboy ![]()
Dana is a moron and has lied about shit constantly for 25 years.
It’s great to see the boxing press not giving a fuck and pressing him for answers because the MMA media are pussies that don’t push the limit so they don’t get banned or whatever from pressers.
These past few months have made me an Eddie Hearn fan.
Fuck Dana.
Promoting the walled garden of the UFC and promoting boxing are not even remotely the same.
One thing to sign and promote fighters under Zuffa Boxing, but trying to get involved with superfights where there are already promotional contracts in place was never going to be as easy as getting Turki to muscle the door open for Dana.
This is all very funny, since it is similar to the bullshit Vadim was trying to pull behind the scenes during the FEDOR negotiations.
What’s even more crazy about this whole situation is it was nothing but a dick measuring contest. Dana didn’t need to promote this fight for clout.
Dana has major faults but let’s not act like Hearn is any type of brilliant or ethical person. He a snake and Fury is very likely to beat Joshua (but then again, nothing is certain in heavyweight boxing, especially with these two).
He’s always been a fucking nerd and a clown! Steroids and muscles will never change that. It’s no different that trash suddenly getting millions of dollars.
“Was I lying? Was I wrong? Am I not the promoter,” White told MMA Fighting on Thursday. “Am I not producing the entire f*cking event? The answer is yes. I think that’s the difference between me and Eddie is Eddie’s trying to win some PR battle. Eddie likes to see himself in interviews. He likes to talk a lot and talking will get you in f*cking trouble.”
The fight is set to air on Netflix on Dec. 11 from Cardiff in the United Kingdom and it appears White is definitely going to be involved if the UFC is producing the show.
The original press release from Netflix had White’s name involved in the promotion and it looks like the streaming giant is going to count on the UFC’s production team to put everything together for the event.
I don’t think people are acting like Hearn is a brilliant tactician or anything.
All Hearn did was move forward with signing and promoting the fight as usual, and largely sat back and laughed as Dana increasingly debased himself by playing a weird semantics argument about his involvement with the card.
Now the spin is Netflix may be using UFC’s production team for the show. That’s a far cry from being a co-promoter.
I am not a Danus guy but in his defense the A side (Fury) wanted him involved and said so. I think that alone made him feel it was a done deal.
Promoters are nothing more than scam artists. Hearn and Dana are not exempt from engaging in scumbag behavior. It doesn’t mean that they don’t also do occasional good. It’s a dirty job and this fight could be promoted by Netflix or Al-Sheikh and do the exact same numbers in viewership.
Dana of all people should know that doesn’t mean shit.
Imagine if Aspinall is negotiating his UFC return and said he wants Matchroom there as a co-promoter, and then despite no deal being signed and no direct negotiations between either party, Hearn started advertising himself as a promotional partner for Aspinall’s next fight.
Dana would have an aneurysm from alternating between raging and laughing.
I know man, I worded that a little goofy.
It seemed like it WAS both guys involved but Eddie and Danus cant act like adults about each other and Eddie had the bigger dick in this measuring contest.
I said bigger. Not necessarily girthier.