Welterweights are headed to the âGateway to the North.â
No. 9-ranked Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Welterweight Joaquin Buckley will collide with Canadaâs own Mike Malott in the main event of UFC Edmonton, which goes down Sat., Oct. 17, 2026, inside Rogers Place in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
Sportsnet was first to report the news.
Buckley should kill him
This was years ago, heâs on a great run I am happy for him, but I trained with him back when he was 5-1 or so? 3 - 0 KB if I remember correctly.
He was a condescending PRICK!
That was years ago as I said times change so do people, but I could not stand Mike in those days lol.
Loved going hard on people with low kicks in the gym, not cool at all going in on peopleâs knees in the gym like that.
ka BOOM !!!
He still comes across like that in some interviews. Iâm glad Magny turned the tables on him.
That said I expect him to beat Buckley by decision.
Itâs fucked up that the WW division is in a stand still. Buckley, Belal and Burns were the only ones taking on anybody whether they were on losing streaks or winning.
good fight..Now im rooting for Buckley
I hope the Canadian wins!
Should be exciting either way. Big step up for Merlot

