Check Hook setup

Donaire has one of the best check hook setups. Purposely bait the guy into throwing a right and then rolling with the punch and unleashing that hook.

4 Likes

Rickson by armbar

That’s not a check hook sweetheart. That was just a classic counter hook.

This is what a check hook looks like.

5 Likes

In for more check hooks…

Barry, was Tommy Morrison good at them?

2 Likes

I’m not your sweetheart, you fucking faggot!!

Pick me up at 5.

4 Likes

The diamond had one of the nastiest lead hooks in combat sports history.

5 Likes

I got you sweetheart

2 Likes

He had a good left hook but he didn’t throw check hooks. Check hooks are used to catch aggressive style fighters coming in. You want to be like a matador and step at an angle opening up your hips and catch them coming in

4 Likes

I prefer a side check leg kick.

3 Likes

Guys like Morrison and Frazier would’ve been perfect guys to use a left check hook against. They loved to rush in throwing their left hooks.

1 Like

I hope you both get check hooked.

He along with Floyd, among others were who I in part patterned my left hook after.

Made it one of my best punches after I saw what I could do to people with a good lead hook. I think the 3 is one of the most important punches in all of striking.

It gives you SO…many…fucking…options. if you have a good jab? Sheeeeyit you’re lead side is fucking dangerous.

I find it blows when I cant get beyond a dudes laser beam jab and lead hook and Im just getting boop bop bammed via the lead hand all fucking round. Got me trying to brawl and force you into a phone booth :joy::joy::joy:

Yeah you keep circling that way and getting flat footed trying to chase me and burst in and forward. I’m staying off line and staying touching you. All day. Until you go away or run into my want to touch you with the other hand hahaha.

@billytully who do you think had an amazing check hook? How about a higher level/versatile lead hook in general? What do you think of a check hook itself as a tool? You like throwing them?