Strickland Over UFC - threatans to vacate title

I Don't Believe You - April Fools Day Meme

Offering a champion $425k for a main event is laughable.

5 Likes

Even knowing how shitty the ufc is I was surprised to see that. I actually have a hard time believing it. Champions should have a 2 million minimum. Dana just told the Diary of a CEO guy that the ufc is worth 50 billion dollars if the Lakers are worth 12.

5 Likes

That’s the worst part, they keep bragging about how valuable it is, but pay their most important employees dick, and Dana is great at shit talking them in the media.

2 Likes

I used to think they had to do that to establish the business and the sport and I actually think it was true until about 12 years ago. Since then they have just become greedy pricks and the ufc could easily double fighter pay over night and not even feel it.

3 Likes

According to what I read, they offered him 400k show/400k win while he wanted 1 million. If so, UFC is even cheaper than thought possible. They just paid Joshua Van 500k and Strickland is at least 5x the draw he is.

But it originated from a random account so probably BS.

Invoking Conor suggests he’s probably looking for a really big number, so we’re probably looking at another Ngannou situation.

3 Likes

He mentioned both Conors because 1 covered up an injury and dropped after 30 seconds and still collected over 10 Milly. While the other Conor got 15 Milly for 2 rounds of work and he was only signed and paid that much as a middle finger to Eddie Hearn.

So yeah he’s probably like F that pay me

2 Likes

Sean on the phone with Dana right now…

His shitting on Israel is one of the best parts about his shtick

1 Like

Strickland listening to Eddie

“I mean, Dana White is going to all of these UFC events and he’s all Zuffa branded up, it’s like, what happened to the UFC?”

https://bloodyelbow.com/2026/10/06/ufc-under-big-threat-due-to-dana-whites-lack-of-involvement-claims-eddie-hearn/

Yeah I agree that Sean is worth a million but if he gets a pay raise then others must as well. Dana may come off as a dickhead but he knows the fight business

I think all fighters deserve a raise but I’m
Just not sure what amount should be for most of them

UFC doesn’t build stars anymore and it’s a smart move in a way - the ufc is the selling point not this or that guy .. like I said though, if Strickland quit mma tonight, would he be missed? Sure? Would fans stop watching the ufc if he did? Maybe a tiny % of them would and I mean tiny!

The ufc knows they own the game and the fighters asses - the fighters need the ufc - the ufc doesn’t need them

Another thing here is the ufc knows they can’t buckle to these types of demands .. it sends a very bad message to other fighters