He will always be a glass cannon, but he bring a different level of excitement and skill to the heavy weight division
How have I never heard this lol
They used to say this about guys in boxing that could KO anyone but couldn’t take a punch
Like melvin..
Tank with no armor
Yes at 205 Johny has been a glass cannon
Hopefully he can take a better shot at heavyweight. I doubt it but we’ll see.
Man, he took his move up seriously. He looked great physically, moved well and looked confident in there. Scary
Those jumping knees made him look like a poor man’s Jon Jones
When has this ever been the case?
Great debut.
Looks like he is very comfortable at HWT, and was able to maintain speed.
Dude was gaining 40+ lbs a week after fighting @ 205, so this is the best option for his health too.
He might have been cutting major weight at 205, that doesn’t help the brain. Heavy weights hit harder but Walker is long and faster so he may do ok.
I don’t think he will ever be beating Gane or Pavlovich, but he could have a nice career and could become a top 10 heavy weight
He has way better knees than Jones.
He was getting kicked too much by this jobber. It looked like it was hurting his calf. He will have to shore up his defense. Maybe start poking the eye and oblique kicking the knee
Seriously, how? Lol
I would hope that this is the case.
I doubt it since his brain has been rattled so much but it would be cool, JW is great to watch.
Anthony Johnson? ![]()
He was much more successful after moving up at least. ![]()
Fair point. But I was mostly just asking about the ability to take a punch, not so much the fighting ability.
Guy was a cannon with limited ammo. He could beat anyone on a stand up war, but he faded.
Then…Overeem?
He never had an iron chin but he took a shot better as Ubereem than he did dehydrated down to 205 imo.
AJ was also a front runner. I don’t remember seeing him lose a fight badly and rally to win. If you made it out of the first with most of your marbles your chances of winning doubled, and doubled every round after that
Great example. Overeem was definitely a glass cannon at 205. At 265 he did a lot better, but did struggle when people took his best shots and refused to stay down