Who had the best ground and pound of all time? And is it a lost art?

Nobody does body head anymore.

Young Jon Jones and Fedor.

1 Like

Wrong! I Think You Should Leave with Tim Robinson

1 Like

Depends on how you define it.

Pat Smith grounded and pounded Scott Morris. Shamrock grounded and pounded guys like leinninger and Johnston.

I think Coleman is rightfully considered the godfather of G&P though, as it was his gameplan and he dominated with it.

Funny, I once heard Kerr call himself the godfather of G&P in an interview.
I was like WTF. Why would he say that?

3 Likes

i wonder what happened to the jeremy horn elbow.

(from sidemount, post on their stupid face and then drop your weight on them through the elbow.)

savage. brutally effective. no-one does it.

1 Like

Underrated is Ricco. Him taking down Couture and obliterating him is an under appreciated achievement. He reversed bottom to top on Randy (a feat by itself) and then SUH-Mashed him with elbows. He had a run where he was using elbows to wreck people from top position. Pete Williams, Couture, Kohsaka, Monson, Arlovski.

2 Likes

Marc Coleman started it. Fedor ended it.

2 Likes

Headbutts were legal when Maurice Smith whooped that ass.

2 Likes

Mark Coleman! In recent times Khabib

And I know GSP gets hell for not taking chances. But that GnP in the Serra rematch was absolutely brutal.

3 Likes

GSP was 100 percent about that get back in the second fight.

2 Likes

Mark Munoz needs an honorable mention.

2 Likes

When people use the saying “they would not be denied” I think of that GSP. Lol

1 Like

true but it was very funny when he called his style donkey kong - and Mike Bisping said he needed to take a long hard look at himself over it.

Yeah, that was angry, focused and vengeful GSP.

1 Like

No one’s gonna like this answer, but Jon Jones. Sorry guys

1 Like

I feel like prime Diego Sanchez deserves an honorable mention

Chat summary

It was my answer too.

1 Like

He’d fuck guys up from top position

1 Like